September 21, 2011

Stinkin' Lincoln is 1!!

I cant believe it has been a year since our sweet baby boy joined our family.  A year ago I was in some pretty gnarly (unmedicated) labor with this kid and he has made every pain I went through totally worth it.  Lincoln is the happiest kid in our family.  I am asked all the time if he really is happy allll the time and well he is.  He is sweet and easy going 24/7.  The perfect caboose for our family.  Heavenly Father certainly blessed us with his sweet, happy, and loving spirit in our home. 
Lincoln loves to grab any remote he can get his hands on right now.  He is really fast and knows exactly how to change channels.  Which he points it at the TV and tries to do before you can grab it away from him.  It is co cute yet so annoying.  I can always count on him to give me "love loves"  that is when he puts his arms to his side and puts his head on my shoulder.  I love it!  And tonight I got my first deliberate kiss from him.  It was so cute.  Anytime a door is open to the outside he is heading for it.  He loves to play outside and get away from me as fast as he can.  Lincoln has no fear, which makes me nervous.  His poor little head is always bruised and bumped.  He will run anywhere, roll off of any couch or bed, and is great at falling into things.  Just yesterday he fell and split his top lip open so bad it has been swollen for 2 days now.  He looks a little like Homer Simpson with the huge top lip.  Poor kid, it only slows him down for a second then he is off again.  Boston and Avery love to pick him up and try to carry him.  This never turns out well and as soon as they come for him, he starts running away and yelling "no, no, no" to them.  Boston is the worst at this and i am always telling him to stop it.  I know it is because he loves him so much and just wants to squeeze him.  Avery is only about 5 lbs heavier than Lincoln so she usually just grabs him by his collar and makes him sit and play with her.  He doesn't really like that either.  Brighton and Lincoln are both born on the 21st day of a month and share a sweet bond because of that.  She loves him so much and he loves her right back.  Brighton is so good with him and such a good help to me.  Although I think she puts diapers on him terribly so I wont ask her to do it as often.  Sound about par for the course with a 13yr old.  Lincoln also loves his daddy.. Every morning when Dean comes down to leave for work Lincoln starts waving and runs to the door to give dad a leg squeeze before he leaves.  Then he turns around and starts right back with whatever he left doing.  Lincoln also waves at everyone he sees.  Today we went to the zoo and i am pretty sure his arm got tired form waving at all the kids he saw.  Man do I love this kid!  He is such an angel. Happy Birthday sweet boy!  I love you!!


No comments: