January 30, 2012

Brighton is 14!!!

So again I am late posting a birthday. I am really sucking at this.


Brighton H. Gunderbuns is 14 and I can not believe it.  It is hard to imagine that I have been a mother for 14 years.  I still feel 21 most of the time.  Ok enough about me.....On to the girl who rules our home.

Brighton rocks! Seriously she is a great kid and a joy to be around. Most of the time. She has her teenage moments.  I have wanted to beat a few kids this year, mainly large teenage boys who like and then don't like my beautiful daughter.  If this is just the beginning of teenage love I think I will quit now.  Not fun for Mom.  But Brighton is having fun.  She has a ton of cute friends and lots of cute boy friends too.  They spend most weekends at the movies and we Moms get to play chauffeur.  Brighton is as always an awesome big sister.  It kills me to know (from personal experience) that the kids wont remember much of her living here.  She is so good to them.  Boston snuggled with her today for over an hour while they watched a movie.  It was so sweet I told her to forget her chores for now and just enjoy the moment.  I certainly did.  Avery loves when B wants to paint her nails or put make up on her.  They have a blast being girlie.  Lincoln follows her around in the kitchen and tortures her while she unloads the dishwasher everyday.  It is maddening for her but a little fun for me to watch.  I can see what a great mother she will be about 15 years from now.  I love to hang out with B anytime we can sneak away.  We can usually find an excuse to get out and get to the mall.  Shopping with B is not very fun, she is still very picky but it is the only alone time we get so I will take it.
Brighton's favorites right now....I am guessing on a few of these.  I am sure tomorrow she will correct me.
Color: Grey
Food: Hot wings with lots of Blue cheese dressing
Candy/Treat: Amy's bunny mix she is a salty girl
Book: Hunger games??
Animal: Tiger??
Movie: The Scarlet Pimpernel
Sport: Basketball, tha'ts what all the cute boys play
Holiday: Halloween
Special Talents: Looking cute :)
Hobbies: texting, texting, texting
I love ya so much Brighton!  You are a wonderful young woman and I am so proud of you!


No comments: