December 28, 2012

Updates, updates, updates September!

In September school started up again and this year we have 3 kids in classes.  I can't believe it. 

Brighton started 9th grade and started swimming for the West Jordan High school Jaguars. Her schedule is insane and we are super busy with swimming and school but she is doing really well.  She has 2 honors classes this year and has stayed on the honor roll.  I am so proud of her.  B still likes school and can maintain her good grades while socializing with all the boys and swimming 13 hours a week.  Her swim times have been slowly improving which is how it goes with swimming.  She just got a 1:24 for her 100 Breaststroke which was a huge accomplishment.  I was the crazy mom screaming and crying in the stands.  Her 100 free is 1:09 which is also impressive.  For a freshmen she has already put up better times than some seniors.  I am blessed with great family and some great girls in the neighborhood and have been to all but 1 of her swim meets.  They are 2x a week and I really like the time I get to spend with her.

Boston started Kindergarten at Viewmont Elem in Murray.  I am not a fan of the school in our area.  It is a little drive but he went to preschool in the area so he has a lot of friends that go there.  The first day he was so excited.  We got there took pics and then the PTA had a Boo Hoo breakfast for all the Kindergarten parents.  I was ok until I saw one of my friends and then we both broke down together.  So far Kindergarten has been awesome!  Boston got a perfect report card and is smart as a whip.  He has started reading a little and is doing great.  I have been able to volunteer in his classroom a few times and it has been fun to see him in action.  He is still quite the ladies man and has 2 girlfriends at school.  his teacher tells me that he is all about the girls and is a gentleman to them.  Makes me proud he is treating them right but worried for the future.

 End of 1st day
New school shoes

Avery Rae also started Preschool at the Little Blue School house in Murray.  It is the same school Boston went to and the teachers are the best!! She was so ready to go and have her own fun.  Last year watching Boston go killed her.  She was thrilled to have her own thing this year.  Avery has loved preschool and is learning very quickly.  She knows all of her letters, colors and numbers already and is working on writing them all.
 New school shoes
End of 1st day

She is too excited to take cute pics!

Lincoln is my driving buddy we spend a couple hours in the car each day getting everyone to school, from school, then we pick up B and take her to swim practice about 30 mins away.  It is a lot of driving and a whole lot of gas. I am very thankful for the DVD player in the van.
 They missed eachother
Cutest driving buddy ever!

No comments: