April 9, 2013

Let's get real people

So it has been months since I have posted and I have no real excuse.  I was watching a lovely morning show this week and there was a quote that has been on my mind since.  Anaïs Nin said, "We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect."  I love this.  There have been so many moments of the last 15 years (yes I am old) I have spent as a mother that I wish I could freeze time.  This quote made me realize it was semi possible.  So in the interest of freezing time, I have decided to write more and get real.  Get real as in say it like it is.  I am the Queen of sugar coating the blog with only the good stuff.  That is all you want to see right.  Well I decided to take my blog back and write it for me.  The good, the bad, the ugly, you will find it here peeps!
Lets start with some good, the bad and the ugly of the now infamous Wii. My wonderful In laws allowed Boston to come and work for them in their yard and in a form of payment bought a Wii for the Boston and the kids. Boston did the work and we all benefit.  He is a keeper.  I have never wanted a gaming system for the kids.  And luckily they aren't cheap so it was easy not to have one.  Well with Boston being 6 and hanging out with the Kindergarten crowd it became very apparent to him that he was lacking in gaming skills.  I heard for months how we needed Skylander (it's a game).  And all of the wonderful things that go along with it.  I was actually feeling sorry for the kid.  How could we as parents have the only kid in the universe not to have a gaming system.  Where we out casting our kid?  I seriously had these thoughts.  And of course when I asked Dean his opinion, he said I had a part in making Boston a non gaming weird kid.  So that's when the consideration for getting a gaming system came into our home. Seriously.   My awesome in laws heard Boston's dilemma and with us being the only ones in the family without a Wii came to his rescue.  They rock.  I really married into the best family. So here we are 4 days in to helping Boston not be weird and I am in HELL people.
What the HELL was I thinking.  I have spent 4 days breaking up Wii induced fights.  Whose turn it is, Lincoln grabbing everything he shouldn't be grabbing, Avery mad she cant make the giant fight something, Boston mad that Avery "sucks at this game, Mom".  If I hear Barbie World from Just Dance one more time I am going to scream.  I now know why parents put these things in a basement.  Thank heavens we are moving to a larger home in 6 weeks.  A basement is now a must.  So I can get away from the Wii and "I am a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world..." AHHHHHHH!!!!